Friday, December 19, 2008

Lesson in Stealing

Alyssa tried to steal for the first time yesterday. She took some candy from the grocery store then tried to blame it on her brother.

I'm not sure what made her take it. I always get them a little snack at the store. I am guessing it is because she always begs us for gum. She "needs" gum. I told her maybe in a few years. Can you imagine her, that hair and a piece of gum?!

Anyway, when we got out to the car Ryan watched her throw the candy into Bub's lap. She then told him to hush. Bub just looked at Ryan and said, "It was Alyssa!". So she had to go back into the store with Ryan and return the gum. Her little face was so red, BUT I think she learned a lesson.

The guy in the store just laughed and rolled his eyes. He thought is was pretty stupid. I told Ryan it doesn't matter. Hopefully she learned from her mistake and won't do it again.

I was proud of her for taking it back in. I figured Ryan would have to do the talking, but he said she told them what she did and apologized.

No comments:

Post a Comment