Friday, December 19, 2008

10 weeks.

Olivia will be 10 weeks old tomorrow. She is a wonderful baby. Her smile just melts me and those cheeks! I could sit on the couch with her and kiss them all day long.

She is a strong little thing. She hates tummy time and has decided that rolling over to her back is the best way to take care of that problem. Yes, she rolls over. Scares the crap out of me!

Her little neck is getting stronger and stronger. She loves to talk. Especially if the other party is Alyssa.

Mornings are so fun. I have 4 little faces that are smiley and so excited to start the day.

She has started kicking in the bathtub. I don't think she knows she controls it and it honestly scares her a little.

She still loves baths. She can be gassy and crying and will give the biggest smile filled with excitement when you start to undress her. She just knows.

Ryan asked me yesterday when I was planning on switching to formula. I said, "I hadn't really planned on it". There was silence and then we both started laughing and I said, "Imagine that! Me, bottle Mom, not ready to stop breastfeeding!". I really enjoy it. It is a completely different experience than it was with Alyssa. It is calming for both of us. Alyssa and I would sit in a chair, crying for hours while I talked to the lactation consultant begging her to tell me what I was doing wrong.

That said, I still support bottle feeding. I love not having to wash bottles, but I still support it. It is one of those topics that I just don't understand the arguing. Just support each other as women and enjoy every single moment with that baby. Breast or bottle doesn't matter -- How you love that baby does.

Basically life is as it should be. We wonder how we managed without Olivia and I wonder why I wanted to stop at 3. I have some amazing kids. They can drive me crazy and melt my heart in a matter of two seconds.

What an emotional roller coaster this thing called "MOM" is.

(November 5, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment