Friday, December 19, 2008

The Baby Eats Mommys Boobs.

I breastfed Alyssa for 6 weeks. I have been a bottle Mom since. It was just a bad experience and a stressful time in my life. I was terrified to try it again. Why I am doing it this time around, I have no clue.

I figured maybe I should explain breastfeeding to the kids a few weeks ago when Alyssa was telling me how excited she was about feeding the baby a bottle like she did with Sophia.

When I explained it to them they both kind of shrugged their shoulders and I felt stupid for explaining it.

Fast forward to Friday night when they were at the hospital visiting. It was time to feed her so I started breastfeeding and that is when the giggles began.

Alyssa: Why are you feeding her your BOOB?!

Me: That is how she eats.

Bubby: She eats your BOOBS?!

Me: Yes. Well, actually she eats the milk inside my boobs.

Alyssa: Your boobs have milk in them?

Me: Yes.

Alyssa: (looking down at her chest) Do MY boobs have milk in them?

Me: No. You have to have a baby to have milk in your boobs.

Bubby: She eats... your BOOBS!

Our first day home when it was time to feed the baby the giggles began again. Alyssa and Bub had to inform everyone in the room that "The baby eats Mommy's boobs!".

Everytime I feed her Sophia comes up to me and says, "Baby bite you! It hurt!".

I guess even though I have some guaranteed crazy-hectic days in front of me I can count on these kids to make me giggle.

(September 1, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment